Starting school is a big step in a child’s life. To make the transition easier for parents and future students, the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) announces Kindergarten Registration Month throughout the month of February. Parents can visit their neighbourhood school
for information and to register their child for September 2006.
“It is important for parents to become involved in every aspect of a child’s education as early as possible,” said Gerry Connelly, Director of Education, TDSB. “Our Kindergarten programs offer an active and challenging learning environment, providing growth opportunities that will set the stage for a positive educational experience moving forward. We want all parents to know exactly what our programs entail with as much information and resources to help them make an informed choice for their child.”
Any child who turns four years of age by December 31 of the current year can attend Junior Kindergarten, while any child who turns five years of age by December 31 of the current year can attend Senior Kindergarten. Kindergarten programs in the TDSB are half-day programs and many TDSB schools have high quality licensed child care centres located in the school for four and five year olds.
Parents should keep in mind a few helpful hints to make the registration process and transition to TDSB Kindergarten programs seamless:
– Gather as much information on your neighborhood schools as possible
– Visit www.tdsb.on.ca to find the schools mearest you. Use the TDSB street guide to locate the school. Each school has a detailed profile available.
drillbit taylor dvdrip download
– Find out about the school’s registration process and key registration dates.
– Call your neighborhood school for specific registration dates throughout the month of February.
– TDSB Kindergarten materials are available online and through your local school, including:
– Welcome To Kindergarten – a booklet outlining the specifics of the TDSB Kindergarten program
– Getting Ready for Kindergarten – a brochure offering suggestions to help your child get ready for school
– Meet with potential kindergarten teachers through open houses at the school
– Get to know the school principal
– Attend school orientation events with your child leading up to the first day of school
– Get involved in your child’s education from the start!
Visit www.tdsb.on.ca for
further Kindergarten registration details.